We are hiring!
Design and Project Coordinator
We are looking for an ambitious, creative, organized and energetic person who wants to work with a small, growing business: Professor Sankoff’s Criminal Defence Essentials (petersankoff.com). Established in early 2020, we are a legal education and publishing company that provides resources of all sorts for criminal lawyers. We need a talented individual who can help us produce and design content and help us market and sell the products we produce.
1) Enjoy using social media including Twitter, Youtube, Instagram and TikTok
2) Creative with a flair for some type of art/design (incl. graphic design)
3) Strong oral and written communication skills
4) Enthusiastic, with a positive, outgoing personality
5) Able to work with a small, collaborative team of individuals
6) Organized and able to assist others with organization
7) Interested in learning about the criminal law
8) Quick to learn how to use a variety of software and apps
ASSETS (desirable but not essential)
1) Experience running as many of the following software apps/programs as possible:
(b) IMovie (or other video editing software)
(f) WordPress (including e-commerce plug-ins)
(g) Adobe or Wondershare.
2) Based in Edmonton area or willing to relocate
3) University degree (recent or soon to be graduated applicants are encouraged)
4) Experience in Marketing
5) Background in communications/writing/journalism
6) Experience with digital animation
7) Experience or courses in criminal law or criminal justice
8) Capacity to write in French
9) Strong typing ability including ability to type from dictation
10) In person sales experience of some kind
WHAT WE PROVIDE
• Salary range is $40-55k annually depending on attributes and experience. Four weeks vacation time are included (2 wks at your choice; 2 wks at Christmas/New Year when office closes).
• The job includes paid business travel in Canada (1-3 trips annually to a range of locations)
• A job where you can grow as we expand our offerings. The hope is that this position will evolve to your particular talents and our emerging needs.
• A positive work environment with a fun group of people that is hoping to expand further.
The successful applicant will report to the Director of Project Development (Heather Warren) and, for some tasks, to the CEO (Peter Sankoff). The job is intended to be largely in-person, though flexible arrangements are possible.
Applications can be sent to [email protected]
1) A letter of interest that explains how you meet the mandatory attributes of the job, and which of the assets from the second list. This can be presented as a standard letter, or in video or some other creative form (or a combination of both).
2) A CV/Resumé
3) Two or three references that we can contact.
4) An example or two of your design/artistic or creative strengths. This can include a link to online work.
The position is to be filled by January/February or as soon as possible thereafter. We hope to have the successful applicant start at that time, though we can delay for the right applicant. Applications will be kept confidential if desired.